SAT. MARCH 3rd! 10am-5pm
JOIN CHRISTIAN WEBB FOR IN DEPTH WORKSHOPS THAT GO BEYOND LIGHTING SET UPS AND THE BASICS. EXPLORE THE MANY DETAILS AND SKILLS REQUIRED TO MASTER ACTING HEADSHOTS AND GROW YOUR BUSINESS.
Here's some of what we'll be covering
– Headshot photography basics
– Camera settings and lens choices
– Lighting/ On location/In studio
– Working with actors to bring out their best
– Posing for headshots
– Headshot session set up & workflow
– Headshot retouching LR and PS in detail
– Setting up a headshot business
Plus, learning and understanding the business and what casting directors and agents look for.
WHAT TO BRING:
– DSLR Camera
– Memory Cards
– Spare Battery
– Light stands
– Minimum 2 speedlights or battery powered strobes + softboxes for each
– Christian shoots most headshots between 190mm- 200mm using a Nikon 70-200mm VRII. You can bring whatever lens you'd like but it is suggested to bring 85mm or greater.
– Memory Cards
More details on gear, setup and workshop particulars provided upon sign up.
THE ACTOR'S HEADSHOT WORKSHOP!
FRI. MARCH 2nd 7pm-9pm
In association with Insight Actors Studio Atlanta, Christian Webb presents a workshop tailored specifically for actors! An intensive workshop/seminar to study everything related to actor headshots and prepare actors for their career journey. There is little if any actual study in acting schools in relation to headshots. Sure, everyone knows they'll need a headshot. But outside of just getting referrals for photographers from fellow students and/or teachers, the in depth understanding of headshots in general isn't taught. This puts the actor at a disadvantage as they may not know what to look for and how to go about getting the best headshot for their career. This workshop will prepare you with everything you need to know to get great headshots! You'll go into your sessions with any photographer and be able to understand everything as opposed to just being the client and getting in front of the camera. The photographer should handle the technical aspects, but there's so much to a headshot. The more you know as an actor, the better! To get the right headshot, the best headshot, the headshot that's going to work for you...you've GOT TO BE PREPARED long before you get in front of the camera! You should know what a headshot photographer knows! You should know what casting will look at! You should know your type and make sure that you're working with photographers who will capture you the right way!
It can not just be about an actor paying their money and then leaving it all up to the photographer. There is a relationship between actors and photographers that has to be understood. Actors have to be able to communicate with their photographers. The more you know, the better!
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
– Headshot basics/ What makes a great shot vs bad
– Knowing your type
– How to prepare for your headshot session
– How to find the right headshot photographers
– Working with photographers - communication!
– How to get the most from your session
– Wardrobe selection
– Make up for headshots / choosing MUAs
– Hair style and getting it right for your headshot
– Posing and learning/knowing your angles
– Selecting your headshots - knowing what to look for
–What casting is looking for / Understanding the business
– When to get new headshots
– How much to spend on headshots
– Retouching and what to look for
AND MUCH MORE!
$99 if paid before Feb. 16th. $125 after. LIMITED SEATING!
PRIVATE CLASSES - NY / NJ
Private one on one classes in headshot photography are now being offered in New York. Specifically, on location headshot and portrait photography.
One on one training for experienced photographers looking to learn the fundamentals of headshot photography specifically in relation to actor headshots and shooting on location. This is the class that will take you through the numerous fundamentals as well as advanced techniques for shooting amazing headshots that will keep your clients booked and ultimately, you as well!
One on one training classes are also available for amateur photographers looking to get into the headshot business but needing to learn photography fundamentals. This class will start with the basics of lighting and the fundamentals of shooting portraits.
Private classes also include image processing and retouching from raw to final image.
For information and to schedule: email@example.com
"SEE YOU THERE!"
(I'm much happier looking in person!)